Saturday, November 27, 2010

the best laid pregnancy plans never work out

When my cousin's wife gave birth to their second child she had pictures posted to one of the social networking sites. She looked gorgeous for having gone through what I now know is like several hours of torture. I took my cues from her to have my hair cut so that I could quickly run a comb through it and hopefully look half as good as she did.

And I wanted to get a pedicure too. As a matter of fact, I had my husband remove the old nail polish from my toes just days before my water broke.  I never made it to the salon to have them redone.

This is how it went down:  Thursday I went to the OB/GYN for the first exam of my last 6 weeks of pregnancy, my water broke three days later, then I gave birth two days after that. Not only was my hair a wreck I had unpolished ugly summertime feet! Calluses and all, hanging out there for everyone to see. I felt terrible for my doctor who had to stare at them for however many hours it was I was pushing. Fortunately she wasn't my real doctor, who by the way was on vacation.

So I'm telling all the women I know (and men because they will inevitably have a woman to go through this at some point) to keep their toes looking cute because no one knows what is going to happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment